Affordable Web Design Versus Cheap Web Design
When starting your own small business, or website, money is hard to come by. Most entrepreneurs either have very little capital, limited capital, or no capital at all – which means the capital you’re using for web design is either from your own savings, or you’re lending.
Regardless, you’re probably typing “cheap web design” into your browser. That may be mistake number one, and we’ll tell you why…
What is the difference between “affordable” and “cheap”?
This is, of course, quite a subjective matter – as each person has their own idea of what expensive, affordable, and cheap is. Whatever price you can afford is reasonable. Whatever price sounds too good to be true, probably is.
Comparing “Cheap” and “Affordable” Web Design
A Cheap Web Designer:
- Has a very cheap design fee: An example of this is R999 for a 10 page website….all-inclusive!
- All talk and no action: Extravagant promises and “guaranteed” results.
- Generic: Uses free web templates with very little or no customisation for your brand.
- Targets unspecific traffic: Has the goal of obtaining traffic from whoever needs whatever on your website.
- Outdated: Doesn’t bother learning about or practicing mobile optimisation.
- Neglects SEO: Knows little to nothing about Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
An Affordable Web Designer:
- A reasonable start-up fee: A sensible fee is charged to start and/or has a standard, affordable monthly pay-off and maintenance fee. You’re more likely to get a return on your investment from new clients.
- Transparent: Gives you an open and honest breakdown of the time and results you can expect from your chosen plan.
- Customisable: May use a template but customises it to suite your specific brand.
- Targeted goal: Optimises your website to obtain targeted audiences that specifically require your products or services.
- Updated and modern: Keeps up-to-date with the latest in mobile-optimisation and other modern technologies.
- SEO clued-up: Knows and uses the latest Google SEO practices.
The above information should give you a good overview of what to expect. The bottom line is: if it sounds too good (and cheap) to be true, it probably is.
Web Guru offers an all-in-one affordable web design plan that provides you with all the basics you need to get started on your website. With an affordable monthly fee, over 13 years experience and quality web design, you’ll receive everything you need to get started on your dream.